Thursday, January 20, 2011

home : sales tip of the day January 20, 2011

Sales Tip of the Day

GET READY


Once I attended a presentation from a very respected author and speaker. After the talk, I approached, thanked him for what he had shared, and asked if he brought any books with him for purchase.

He said he felt a little uncomfortable taking advantage of this forum to promote his book.

Rather asking out why he doesn’t feel his book is worthy of being promoted, I simply asked how to purchase it and he replied either at his website or the big online book seller.

There I was, a willing customer, and someone who might appreciate a signed copy, with money in my hand and he made it difficult for me to buy. Never mind his discomfort; think about my disappointment! Why would he want to make it hard for me to give him my money?

The lesson is this: you never know when you will encounter someone who is ready, willing, able and anxious to buy what you sell. But if you are not prepared to make a sale, you actually make that person’s life more difficult.

If you are not ready to sell at a moment’s notice, get ready!

If you sell hard goods, could you have some with you?

If you sell a service, is the paperwork necessary for an initial need assessment readily available?

If you sell a treatment, are you ready to show a prospect how it works?

What can you do to get ready to sell right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment