Monday, February 21, 2011



The Law of Success

A Message on Success
by Napoleon Hill

Success is the most enchanting word in the English language.

Tell the average person that SUCCESS is the attainment of whatever one wants in life without interfering with the rights of one's fellowmen and that the very first step to be taken in procuring it is development of the habit of rendering more service than paid for and your words will fall on ears that hear but do not understand.

But, tell a person that SUCCESS means money and unless that person is one of the proverbial few who really understand how to succeed he will immediately show interest in your words by saying "SURE! HOW CAN I GET SOME OF IT WITHOUT GIVING MUCH IN RETURN?"

One of the very first jobs I ever had was that of handy-boy around a saw-mill, but it gave me a chance to see that a big puffing steam engine turned the machinery; that the steam in the big boiler kept the engine running; that the fireman kept the steam pouring into the engine by constantly pushing wood into the firebox. I noticed that when the fire began to die down the steam began to die down also; that a hot fire produced plenty of steam. Then and there I got my first lesson, in an elementary sort of way, of the principle of cause and effect. Later in life, long after I had worked myself into a higher place than that of handy-boy around a saw-mill, I saw evidence on every hand that there was a cause for everything; that nothing just happened by mere accident. I saw that achievement in any undertaking depended very largely upon the amount of intelligent effort put into it; that those who achieved most were those who served best.

No comments:

Post a Comment