Monday, August 22, 2011

One Selfish Reason People Struggle


How to Climb a 6000 Foot Mountain

The look on my face said it all.

My friends and I were almost at the bottom of a 6000 foot mountain in Austria last week, having descended down a hiking path in just over an hour. Our legs were tired, but we faced an important decision.

Do we keep going and finish our hike at the bottom of the mountain on the opposite side of the ski lift and over 10 miles from where we parked the car? Or do we reverse course and go back up the mountain?

When asked the second question, the look on my face gave me away. I thought it would take us three hours to retrace our steps back up the mountain, but my friends convinced me it was the right way to go. So off we went back up to the peak.

But how do you climb a 6000 foot mountain after you just raced down it?

One step at a time.

The old saying is as true as ever.

We put our heads down and focused on each individual step forward. Slowly but surely we climbed the mountain. Encouragement was given. Progress was made. In the end, we finished in just over ninety minutes. It was a tough ninety minutes, but we did it.

This is how you need to attack the difficulties in your business. I know a lot of ETR readers are facing a steep uphill battle. The obstacles may seem insurmountable, but the only way to reach the top is to start climbing - one step at a time.

Yet we often spend more time getting started than it takes us to finish.

For example, how long have you been thinking about starting a website business or other part-time business? Has it been six months? A year?

Just think of where you could be today if you would have started back then. Now look forward into the future and think of where you will be in twelve months if you finally start taking action today.

I see similar behavior in my fitness consulting business. Men and women put off changing their nutrition habits and getting into an exercise program for so long that all of the sudden it's January 1st again and they've made no progress since their last New Year's resolution.

Please do NOT let this happen to you.

Start now.

Take action today.

You CAN do it.

I believe in you,

No comments:

Post a Comment